05 225f ignition/trim issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 225f ignition/trim issues

Does anyone know where the main fuses are located on a 05 225f, all of a sudden my trim and ignition died. everything else works fine, checked the fuses on the stbd side of motor found one blown 30amp replaced and still nothing. I believe that probobly blew when I hooked up the jumper cables backwards. the owners manual said to check the main fuse and the other main fuse. I cant pinpoint where the other may be, any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by darrend1217; 09-21-2010, 06:00 PM.

All the fuses are togather with the green and yellow caps, there is a main relay by the trim relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the info

I checked every fuse I could find on the boat 3 under the ctr console and all on the engine. only found a 30 amp blown on the fuse block under the cover, replaced and still nothing. did some forum searching and came up with a few possible scenarios. 1. The owners manual says to check the main fuse and the other main fuse, well I cant find the other main fuse <Maybe it is hidden where joe blow will never look> not sure. 2. Could be the main relay? Im not an electrician, would not know how to test, much less find and replace. 3. May be a diode on the altenator?

still lost, may bring into the local yamaha dealer to fix.............

Comment

Working...
      X