F200 Tilt-Trim Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F200 Tilt-Trim Issues

When operating tilt/trim for port engine from controls, the engine will shutter and jump(the entire motor engine off) until it reaches the the trim cylinders, then it will operate fine. This occurs only when operating switch in down position. raising motor up works perfect.

When the engine mounted trim/tilt switch is used, the engine will go up and down normal. I reversed the switches in the binnacle controls to see if it was the switch on the controls, the port switch operates starboard fine so the switch is eliminated as culprit.

If I read the wiring diagrams correctly, they is only one relay for both the binnacle and the engine mounted switch, they are no breaks in harness other then at binnacle and at engine harness.

One other thing, I replaced the engine mounted switch as it went bad and was raising motor during run, I had to use binnacle switch to keep engine in water, until I pulled into a harbor and unplugged the engine switch. I since replaced the switch and it worked fine. now it doesn't

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

There is two relay's at control box, number 58 in this link Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING PARTS BREAKDOWN CONTROL BINNACLE PREMIUM DUAL Diagram
    Might check both of them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X