Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F115 Oil Pan

Hi,

Just wondering how difficult it would be to replace oil pan? I was changing oil and turned the oil drain plug one to many and as you guessed it, I striped the threads in the oil pan. I only know the basics such as changing oil, lower oil unit, oil filter and spark plugs...Unfortunately, I really was'nt paying attention on how much torque I was using... Never had this happen to me since I had the boat for 8 yrs. Any help would be well appreciated.....And If not difficult can you provide me step by step instructions or any video to any links?

Thanks,
    Jeff

if its not stripped too bad , try 3-4 wraps of teflon tape around plug bolt

Comment

helicoil

I did the same thing. My dealer installed a helicoil and have had no problems in 8 years

Comment

You can try a Helicoil insert (they work well installed properly). DO NOT use teflon tape. If you find the need to replace the pan it is not that difficult. Also inspect to oil pump if you do the job. The seal area on the pump has been updated on some model years because of water intrusion.

Comment

Just a heads up on the oil pump reasoning. You can see the obvious design changes old VS new.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mrv8outboard; 09-14-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Old design.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X