Low WOT update need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low WOT update need some advice

I have been having some issues with my 225 excel and it is running but I have a problem.

I plugged my sun faded digital tach and I am only getting 3800 WOT.

Timing is right it is at 5 btdc and 23 or so at wot.
    Compression is good and even across the board
    I have taken a pic of the spark plugs this is wear I get confused.

If timing is right and compression is good.

Then it must be spark or fire.

Well look at the plugs they are all tan and good colored. If it was lean then wouldn't the plug be white or atleast whiter, so this rules out starvation or plugged jets. Right?

And if I was not getting spark these plugs ( new two days ago) would be wet or uncolored right?
    Attached Files

You know what assuming does.
    Get the proper equipment and follow the troubleshooting steps in the Yamaha service manual for testing the ignition system and make sure you check things at the problem RPM
    Last edited by 99yam40; 09-07-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

maybe this is a better way to phrase my question:

Could this be gas related. i.e. starvation with the plugs burning the way they are? If something was leaning out, or if air was getting into my fuel system wouldn't it show up on the plugs?

I will check the spark system under load when I cant rev it up, but I wanted to rule out gas

Comment

It is easier to rule out the ignition by testing and then go to the fuel if everything else is not a problem

Comment

Winky Blinky says all six are firing, so now we have gas only... If the engine was starved wouldnt the plugs look white.

I am going to take a spare can tommorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X