yamaha 0x66 250 engine failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 0x66 250 engine failure!

New to the site. Just bought a whaler 29 outrage with twin 250's ox66 saltwater series II from twin cities marine, two rivers WI (the owner's personal boat! buy the way I would never go back there!!!) less than 100 hours all freshwater use.
    Cruising yesterday about 10 minutes out at 3800 RPM and without any warnings sounding port engine just dies, not only would it not start but starter would not even turn flywheel. limped in on other engine and started to investigate. removed all six plugs and tried to turn prop.. nothing motor seized solid. bits of aluminum coming from #1 cylinider. Now motor at another yamaha dealer with fear of needing a new power head. hope yamaha stands by their product, because I can't believe a motor should fail without any warning when not being abused. Has anyone else had this similiar problem?

Why didn't you take the motor back to where you bought it and ask that they make it good? Is the 100 hours the total motor hours or the hours you put on it after you bought it?

Your question re: "has anyone else had this similar problem", is too vague to answer until we (and you) know what caused the failure.

Comment

If dealer at all seemed reputable durring my buying experience, I would have taken it back. However the dealer in my oppinion based on how i was treated has lost all credibility and hence why I took it to another yami dealer. would like to talk to yami customer service regarding situation.

Comment

Working...
      X