2000 130 HP Yamaha Fuel management Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 130 HP Yamaha Fuel management Meter

I have a 2000 model Yamaha 130 HP two stroke motor and gauges (including the 5 pin Fuel management meter). The transducer/sender unit blocked and I bought a replacement one but it is a later year and has a 8 pin connection. Each of the two senders have different coloured wires and number of wires 2 in the old unit vs 3 in the new unit. Can you tell me which wire connects to which to connect my old 5 pin sender unit to the new 8 pin unit.
    please help
    yukyuk@bigpond.net.au

Are you talking about the fuel flow sending unit, number 15 in this diagram? Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING PARTS BREAKDOWN INSTRUMENTS DIGITAL Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,
      No not the one (15) in the diagram.
      The type I have is the fuel hose plugs into the bottom and comes out the top. The Gauge is marked Type F41 fuel and the wire colours from within the 5 pin cable are black and white (2 wires)(5 pin connector). The new transducer/sender is a navico fuel TDX,LT8, FS35 part number AA010059 old part number AA002277 and the cable has 3 wires brown,red,and blue (8 pin connector).
      John

Comment

More information.
        The unit in the diagram seems to allow the fuel flow from the sides of the unit where mine inlet and outlets are bottom and top. The actual tag (15) appears to be on the cable running from the sender/transducer to the gauge which is the cable I am talking about
        John

Comment

Working...
        X