T9.9 Starting Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9 Starting Issues!

My T9.9ELQH is giving me starting problems. I thought it was starter or grounding issue, but that all checks out.(Thank you Moderator) The starter will not crank the engine. I pulled the plugs and it wouldn't crank. I can turn it by hand, but it is hard to turn. I could not pull it with the emergency cord. This sympton has gotten worse this summer. It was turning slow and then would start. It would start right up when it was warm. The engine and drive oil are good. It is not in gear and it shifts fine. What could be binding so bad that it won't crank and is very hard to move by hand even with the plugs out?

Thanks for reading and any advise is welcome

Greg

Lower Unit Wont Budge!!

Hey Thanks. I tried that wit no luck. It ran fine just prior to this and got progessivley worse through the summer. I checked the valve adjustment...perfect. So I fugured I would drop the lower unit and see f it is something down there. Well I cannot get it to drop. Everything is unbolted including the shift rod. It ricks about a 1/16th of an inch. I have knocked it with a rubber hamme, but I dont want to break anything. Know I feel that something in the unit is causing my issue. I have changed the impeller once in 20 years and I wonder if it is all gooped up in there. It was peeing although weak when I last ran it. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM!?

Comment

I finally got the lower unit off. There seems to be some type of rubber bushing that the driveshaft goes through before it connects to the spline on the crankshaft. I appears to have turned to rubbr glue and that was prevent the motor from turning over. Looks like the power head has to come off. No biggie. Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix w/o pulling the power head?

Comment

Working...
      X