2004 HPDI 250 - Gauge and ECU questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 HPDI 250 - Gauge and ECU questions

Last month my 250 HPDI had a complete new power head install effectively making the motor a "series 2" HPDI. However, I did not get the the most important part of this upgrade , the new ECU. Not having the ECU prevents me from using digital gauges such as the command link. Now, since I have to start replacing my gauges I want to do it right the first time. Would replacing the ECU be a plug and play situation ? Can anyone give me the part number for the updated ECU that would work on my 2004 engine ? Would I have to update the wiring harness. Are there digital gauges based on the analog signal available that would give me among other things the true fuel flow mgt and not just a "gas gauge".
    The reason I have to start replacing my gauges is because I have a 1998 BassCat Jaguar that is truly incredible. Bad part is, at the time of manufacture Bass Cat used a computerized "super dash". That dash is incredible and way ahead of its time but it isn't supported any longer and the manufacturer quit building it due to cost. Last week I started to loose dash functions so its just a matter of time before it goes out completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Never tried to convert to Command Link but the ECU and engine wire harness is different, not sure what else.
    You can use Yamaha Digital Mulitifunction gauges like
    6YR-WE035-J0-00 Multifunction Tach and Speed/Fuel Management gauge kit
    6Y5-85335-10-00 Adapter Harness

It will display RPM's, Trim angle, Oil and overheat warnings, hour meter, speed, fuel comsumpution, fuel level, battery voltage and trip meter.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a 2004 259 HPDI that was in need of the oil pump replacement. I was told this when I was having some minor work done on my boat. I never received any communication regarding the recall. I was informed that my # 4 cylinder was shot and in need of a power head. Since I was never informed of this I'm praying Yamaha will cover this. The motor only has 129 hours of use. Never had any problem. Last time I ran motor it ran a little rough but then ran fine. I had no idea this was happening. Any one else have this issue?

Bassprobk
      Last edited by bassprobk; 12-22-2012, 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

no inexpensive way to convert it to command link.
        that would require a new ECU and wiring harness.

Comment

Working...
        X