X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on f225 fuel problem-HELP!!!

2005 f225...175hrs
    hey kids,
    i have pumped the tank dry and added fresh fuel. i have changed every filter (5) on the engine except injector screens. all filters dumped and cut and very little debris. spark plugs are all dry and tan in color and appear to be firing normally. i have drained the vst and replaced the filter (very little debris in screen, vst tank clean, no water. the vst tank will not fill with the key on (should it???) i must pump the fuel bulb to fill it. i have 12volt+ at the pigtail of the low pressure pump but cannot hear or feel the pump run. is this normal ?? it feels like the vst is running out of fuel as the boat will run hi rpm (4000-4500) for 25 seconds the drop rpm to 2500-3500 and bounce in that range. if i drop throttles to idle for a minute it will again run to 4500 and more for 25 seconds and then drop again. engine ran fine before this incident...no indications of impending malfunction..and it runs fine for that brief 25 seconds. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanx
    capt joe

I have the same motor with the same problem. Mine will run up to 2000 rpm all day but anymore and it cuts out. I pulled the plugs and there heavy black. Any suggestions?

Comment

Captn joey

yes the low pressure pump should run for 10 sec at key on to fill the vst can you put some jumpers on to the low pressure pump to see if it will spin you should be able to hear it. If it is not running try tapping it with a spanner a shock treatment.

when you pump the bulb it will fill the vst so motor will be ok until fuel runs out

STEVE ....................... you have a different problem sounds like your motor is running at reduced rpm could be a tps fault i suggest you have it connected to yds so as to pin point your problem .

Comment

F225 fuel problem

i could not understand why the vst, after draining, would not fill with the key on. pumping the ball was the only way i could get fuel into the vst. however, the engine would run all day at 3200 rpm, so evidently there is some pump operation happening. after testing, the low pressure pump is operating at 42 psi but falls off to 20 psi after 30-40 seconds at 4000 rpm. so i guess the pump is not keeping the vst full at hi rpm. i thought the pump would fail totally, but the lack of pressure at hi speed and the lack of problem at low speed had me second guessing myself. going to dealer next week, hopefully under warranty. will keep you posted. thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
        X