Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor is cutting out

Hi,
    I have a 1988 Yamaha 150 ETLG that is cutting out once full throttle is applied. It will go from about 41RPM down to 31RPM. In order to trouble shoot I have done a deep cleaning of the carbs/replaced all gaskets. Replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and spark plugs. I had a buddy actually pump up the fuel while in full throttle and once he quit pumping the motor immediately picked back up. As soon as I shut the motor down fuel began to appear in the water from the prop. We pulled the plugs to see if they were firing as should be...and found that plugs 1, 2, 6 had a significant of fuel on the plugs and had fuel on the threads. Causing me to believe that they were not firing....I know that the gaps are set correctly and have seen spark when checking them. I have replaced the gear oil in the lower unit....??? Did not know if that would lead to this problem or not but did it anyhow. The motor is still cutting out after going this far. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

May have ignition breaking down at high speed, need to test pulsor coils, charge coils and CDI output.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

motor cutting out

Thank you for the reply, sorry to have taken so long to get back. Is this something that I can do myself or is this something that I will have to take in to get done? Any idea what the cost would be for this? Thanks again....this old Marine needs all the help that he can get.:

Comment

Working...
      X