Boat Will Not Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Will Not Plane

I have a 17 DLX Carolina Skiff powered with a 50 hp 2 stroke. It gets on plane fine with me, 31 mph, but when I get more weight it struggles to plane if it even does. I have had the carbs cleaned added a filter and have been told I need a different prp. It is a 11 1/4 X 14 pitch. Does anyone know what is a good size prop? Diameter too big and go down to 13 pitch?

Performance Bulletin Home

check this site out to see what props they used on boat and motor setups like yours

Comment

Thanks, this actually helps alot.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigbowhunter8;48693]I have a 17 DLX Carolina Skiff powered with a 50 hp 2 stroke. It gets on plane fine with me, 31 mph, but when I get more weight it struggles to plane if it even does. I have had the carbs cleaned added a filter and have been told I need a different prp. It is a 11 1/4 X 14 pitch. Does anyone know what is a good size prop? Diameter too big and go down to 13 pitch?[/QUOTE]

You Probably need a larger diameter and more pitch 13x 16 or 17 ' Sounds like the prop is to small. Is the moter operating at it's prerscribed top rpm?

Comment

That is the other issue. My tach is apparently bad only showing 3000 RPM's max. Tha yamaha mech told me to get that fixed and we could try different props till we got the right one. My biggest problem is getting extra money to do these repairs.

Comment

Working...
          X