Starter Problems T9.9ELHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Problems T9.9ELHQ

I have had this 92 since new and I have had few problems. All saltwater *****ing. Recently I have had starter issues. The starter will not turn over the engine. I was able to start it manually. The ground wire would get hot. I changed the solenoid and the wires with 4 guage wire. The starter still would not turn over the engine. I took the starter to a rebuilder and he checked and cleaned it up. It still would not move the motor. The rebuilder checked the starter under a load and it worked great. The starter would get hot when I tried it. I even took the plugs out of the motor and it would not turn it over. The rebuilder said it must be a bad ground or low battery. The batteries are good. I did not have this problem until I changed outboard brackets. I changed from an OMC style with a wood and metal board to a Gaerlick with a plastic board. Is this the cause of the ground issue? How could I ground it better than 4gauge welding wire? The motor is a kicker for a 22 Seasport with a Volvo I/O. PLEASE HELP. NEED TO GO FISHING!!!

It grounds through battery cables not the boat, check all ground wires on engine and battery cable connections.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X