1999 yamaha XL1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 yamaha XL1200

Just bought a used waverunner and I think they took me for a little ride. When taking the vehicle out of the whole it does not take off all of the time. It sometimes spins without any propulsion, especially when I have another rider or have been out for some time. Best way for me to explain is that there is no water in the impeller cavity and it spins as if the transmission is slipping. I am a total novice and will be calling a dealer this morning. I have had it on the water a few days and only have a couple days left to enjoy and I don't want it to spend that time in the shop. There is nothing caught or trapped in the grate from a clogged perspective and the water is clear in the intercoastal waters of Florida. The only thing that was visible was that the grates had a missing spline making it a larger opening. Otherwise it looks visibly okay. Any recommendations or adjustments that anyone would recommend? Thanks, Scott

It's cavitating there could something wrapped around drive shaft in front of impeller or the intake duct needs to be resealed (pulling air) or the impeller may be worned down and have be replaced.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X