Tilt/trim problem on 85 yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/trim problem on 85 yamaha

I have a 1996 yamaha 85hp motor. The trim/tilt will not lift. If you manually lift the motor the lift rams will power out, but they will not hold.

Check the manual release screw is screwed in tight.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Checked that

The manual release is tight. Started checking the O-rings on the manual release, and the o-rings under the hydrolic pump. everything is good. Should i be able to pull the engine up fairly easlit when the manual release is tightened? Is there a rebuild kit for the whole thing, not just the cylenders?

Comment

There are no kits available would have to order any parts might need to rebuild.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I began taking it apart today. It seems to have been assembled incorrectly. I was geven this boat from my neighbor. It was for his dad and he recently passed away. He had sent it to some one to fix and they said they couldn't figure it out. I had found a crancked housing on the pump motor mount. Today I also found that the guy did not put any parts behind the manual release screw. He probably did that to get my neighbors dad to buy a whole new assembly. I am going to go Peice by Piece with the parts schematic and get what I need. I will keep you guy updated.

Comment

Working...
          X