Bangin my head over this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangin my head over this...

I got redirected to this forum form another one. Basically to view a pdf file so I thought I;d copy and paste my question here.

"I'm looking for a manual on my 2006 225 HPDI motor.

My last thread here described a big problem I was having. Ive been back and forth to my dealer and OTHER dealers yet everyone wants to replace this and that every time. I think I have a short in my oil wiring! Enough spending money on pumps and more!!!

Got a guy that is great at this on our forums here in Chattanooga. He wants me to get a full service manual so he wont go into this electrical thing blind.

Can someone link me to the right manual?

Here's what I got as for the issue.

* Oil tank on the side of the motor will not fill automatically. I MUST use the switch to the side to fill it. Alarms are working fine.

-Yamaha Tech says wire harness.
    -A guy working at Bay Marine in Atlanta says this too. He used to build the motors in Ga, at Yamaha, before the big layoffs.

So why does my dealer want me to purchase new sensor floats in my tanks?!! "

Someone asked again what the issue was....heres an update:

"OK..From the start and everything included.

First problem was that my Fuel Vaporizer Tank was getting way too much oil. Yamaha had us disconnect the line off the oil pump and see what happened. So far during testing, its fixed. I understand this puts just drops into the oil to lubercate my injectors. Dealers says I need a new oil pump...or do I need a check valve? BUT...Maybe this next issues effects it also....

During testing the disconnected pump the other day, I got an oil alarm...I stopped and pulled the hood while still running. My oil tank on the engine was below the bottom line. Another words, it never started filling from the boat tank. I hit the emergency switch and it fills. Yamaha suggested a short in the oil harness...other techs have. My dealer wants to replace the float sensor in the boat side tank. This just dosent seem right to me. I can tell you that all the connections are solid on the harness. Whats the odds I have a short after the harness? Can that effect that oil pump too?

Its been to the top 2 dealers here in town and Im nickeld out!!!!! over 400 in flters for a problem thats only seems to have me replacing this and that each time. "

So you finally made it to this site and the pfd.
    Do you know how to troubleshoot the system from what I sent you to read?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      So you finally made it to this site and the pfd.
      Do you know how to troubleshoot the system from what I sent you to read?
      The manual explains things very well....it using the multimeter I dont get. Haha! I dont know what to set it too! Lots of places to plug the leads in and the dail has alot on it.
      Last edited by TnTrls; 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You can go to Yamaha's web site to get manual, www.yamaha-motor.com
        Sounds like you do need a new oil pump on engine.
        The oil level sensor on engine oil tank controls oil level in that tank by turn on and off the transfer pump in remote oil tank and also activates alarm(signals low oil light or bar in tach) if oil level gets too low in engine tank. The oil level sensor in remote tank signals full and add oil lights or bars in tach, if oil level drops too low in remote oil tank and middle bar(add oil) lights up in tach then the oil transfer pump in remote oil tank will not transfer oil to engine oil tank.
        So either oil level sensor or wiring harness could prevent oil tansfer to engine tank, test both sensors, wire harness between engine and remote oil tank and check harness connections. There is also a inline oil filter by transfer pump in remote oil tank that needs to be replaced every 100 hours.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

No auto oil fill in engine tank

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. Unable to get the oil from the main tank to the engine tank without using the remote switch.
          I started a new thread but have had no luck with that!
          Do you know if there is more then one oil pump?
          Was it the harness or the sensor on the engine tank?
          Thanks for any help.

Comment

Oil transfer problems are the most common questions about Yamaha's. Use the search function on this site and you'll have enough reading for a long time.

Try this also:

Comment

problem with thread hopping?
              most of the information posted in 2010 is incorrect.
              start a new thread.
              post exactly what the system is or is not doing.
              post a full engine model number.
              then we can talk about an incredibly simple system that will almost test itself.

Comment

Working...
              X