3 carbs adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 carbs adjustments

I would appreciate any advice as to how to begin adjusting the 3 carb setup on my 1994 30 hp. When I got it, it wouldn't idle very well and died when you put it in gear. After repeated feathering of the throttle I finally got it to go. Mid throttle and WOT it runs great, but dies and is hard to restart when going to idle. I discovered a crack in the lower carb body which was sucking air and have since replaced it and rebuilt the other two. Need to know the starting point for the pilot screws adjustments, what order to adjust carbs etc. Thanks in advance, glad I found this forum as it contains a lot of good info from some smart people

Set pilot screws at
    top carb 3/4 turns
    middle carb 1 3/4 turns
    bottom carb 1 turn
    Unless is a C30 model then set at 1 1/2 turns on all.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

1994 30hp 3 cylinder carb adjustment

can someone help me. I have rebuilt the 3 carbs on my 1994 Yamaha 30hp ELRS 3 cylinder 2 stroke. but not sure how to adjust the carbs together. I have adjusted single carbs before but never tried a 3 set-up .

Comment

Your motor doesn´t need carbs synchronization.

Just do it as boats.net posted

If want to make sure A/F mixture is OK you can do it by removing spark plugs and look how they are. Than you can adjust A/F if necessary (usually not)

If you don´t know how ajust A/F screw tomorrow when at home I'll post the page of service manual that makes reference of how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rrohde53 View Post
          can someone help me. I have rebuilt the 3 carbs on my 1994 Yamaha 30hp ELRS 3 cylinder 2 stroke. but not sure how to adjust the carbs together. I have adjusted single carbs before but never tried a 3 set-up .
          Get your hands on a Yamaha service manual for your motor.
          Makes a big difference when trying to work on the motor yourself.
          3 carb motors do need to be set up correctly each time the carbs are reinstalled

Comment

ditto on the service manual. The carbs and all linkages are easily set from markings cast into the motor. Just follow the manual.

Comment

Have a look on SM page
              Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                Have a look on SM page
                are you saying there are no adjustments in the SM on the linkage between the 3 carbs , idle timing, WOT timing, and roller throttle pick up ?
                I know my C40 3 carb setup does

Comment

Originally posted by rrohde53 View Post
                  but not sure how to adjust the carbs together. I have adjusted single carbs before but never tried a 3 set-up .
                  I didn't said that are no ajustments.

I said the are no carbs synchronization as ex: my F100 If I make my self clear

Comment

need to sync the carbs so all of them open and close exactly the same.
                    You should not have one butterfly open more that the others at any time.

The 4 strokes you sync with a multi port manometer, but the 2 strokes you have no ports to hook that up so you adjust in the completely closed position.

That is why a manual comes in handy for the motor that you are working on
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X