50 yamaha tlr problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 yamaha tlr problem

OK in a nutshell this is what I have. Boat ran out of oil because of a ground wire being off my sensor and didn't go off. Boat is 2 months out of warranty, I have 112 psi on 1, 117 on 2, 125 on 3. I filled back up with oil and it runs great past 1500 rpms. Below that it has a loud ticking sound and has a tough time idleing, but does maintain a 800 rpm idle. It shakes more than normal. To solve this problem do you think that it will improve as time goes by or do you think I will do more harm past what it will take to fix it now. ie. an overhaul. I borescoped the cylinders and the 125 looks great, the other 2 have some aluminum shavings speckled around the top of the pistons and the intake and exhaust ports. I would talk to Yamaha but I think I would be wasting my time from some other threads I have read. I am the original owner.

Bugger that's bad yamaha will not cover this under warranty even if it was still in but it will not get better so you have got to make a decision to repair or keep it running the way it is

i am afraid there is no easy fix

Comment

Working...
    X