outboard stalling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outboard stalling out

my son has a 8hp outboard purchased new last season. Motor had been running great. Recently we purchased after market oil from Walmart.
    After mixing what he believes was correct mixture 100:1, the engine began stalling out and smoking. I noticed oil drops coming out of exhaust. Thinking mixture was to thick, I poured out half tank and replaced with new gas without oil to mixture already in tank. After a while it began to run better but still ruff. Won't stay running at idle speed. I am going to replaced all fuel with new gas and yamalube oil. If this doesn't work, what should we try next.

Originally posted by Legallimit View Post
    my son has a 8hp outboard purchased new last season. Motor had been running great. Recently we purchased after market oil from Walmart.
    After mixing what he believes was correct mixture 100:1, the engine began stalling out and smoking. I noticed oil drops coming out of exhaust. Thinking mixture was to thick, I poured out half tank and replaced with new gas without oil to mixture already in tank. After a while it began to run better but still ruff. Won't stay running at idle speed. I am going to replaced all fuel with new gas and yamalube oil. If this doesn't work, what should we try next.
    Although gas is not cheap--when this sort of stuff happens -dump the gas in the car-buy a fresh tank and use the good oil. If the problem doesen't go away -you still have a problem -(grin) --if it does you saved your self a lot of time and aggrivation!

Comment

Thanks, We will start fresh with new gas /oil andsee how that works.

Comment

Working...
      X