water in the fuel field fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in the fuel field fix?

Once again I limped home after sucking up water I thought I was protected from. There are some great tips on here for preventing this from happening that I can try but does anyone have any "on the water" tips for getting things back up and running? I've dumped out the water separator and replaced all three filters while bobbing around out there and no water is showing but the motor still runs rough. Thoughts anybody?

on carburated engines you should see a drain plug at the base of each carb, sometimes 2, open it up , as the water is sitting on the bottom of the bowl, it should drain, and while open, squizz the bulb a few times to flush and start again and see..
    on fuel injected engines you should have a drain plug too at the bottom of the vapor separator tank (vst ), drain, squizz the bulb and try.
    these are temporary fix, back to the dock you have to do it right.
    also be carefull about gas spill in the cowling and gas fumes.

Comment

Thank you.

Thanks! I realize now that I forgot to put the motor particulars in there but you were able to answer it anyway. Thank you very much. Do you recommend using injector cleaners? I have an Yamaha '04 90 hp 4 stroke. And by doing it right do you mean pulling and draining everything?

Comment

Water in gas.

I use star tron in my four stroke available at wal mart and try to stay away from enthanol gas. Children4

Comment

Originally posted by Billy'sboat View Post
          Thanks! I realize now that I forgot to put the motor particulars in there but you were able to answer it anyway. Thank you very much. Do you recommend using injector cleaners? I have an Yamaha '04 90 hp 4 stroke. And by doing it right do you mean pulling and draining everything?

2004 f90 is carburated or already fuel injected? a buddy of mine has a 2004 f90 carburated and i already pulled and cleaned his carbs 3 times, these carbs have very tiny idle jets and they clogg up very easily.
          yes, doint it righ is cleaning and flushing everything including the gas tank all the way to the last drop. to drain the gas tank all the way i mean sucking gas out by the fitting , taking the fuel gage off and going all the way down and suck everything by leaning the boat for the gas to go on one side( the back usualy)
          if you don't do that, you may have some water remaining in the tank as the suction tube does not go all the way down into the tank.
          put fresh gas and squizz the bulb to evacuate any bad fuel in the line ( new filter and fuel line disconnected as far as you can on engine side).
          good luck and do it right or do it again...

Comment

Working...
          X