Converting 40 HP Gasoline Engine to Kerosene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting 40 HP Gasoline Engine to Kerosene

I am having 40 HP YAMAHA Gasoline outboard engine.
    Due to unavoidable circumstance i need to convert the same to run with kerosene. I wanted to do this only with genuine yamaha parts.
    can any one help me doing this and what are all the parts i should purchase for doing this.

Where are you ..............i have heard of it but never seen a motor, maybe contact a yammy dealer in Indonesia as some motors there are running on it as do generators and such.

You are going to need some sort of hot fuel vaporizer in the inlet manifold . also you will have to lower the compression maybe thicker head gasket or different head also a petrol warm up tank then change over to kero

have a look here
    http://yamahamarinepadang.blogspot.com/

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global...tor/index.html
    Last edited by mitch; 08-15-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: lower compression

Comment

thanx mitch
      i am in INDIA
      the performance of gasoline is good
      but some islands here availability is less so need to convert.

Comment

let us know how you get on but the most important thing will be some way of getting engine up to operating temp before changing to kero ....................also change back to petrol before stopping so as it will start to warm up again make sure that the thermostats are ok

also change compression maybe 2 head gaskets will be enough otherwise engine will ping and burn a hole in a piston on the lower grade of fuel..

Comment

yamaha comes with Kerosene engine too
          which needs gasoline for starting and stopping
          i think that has two carburetor one for gasoline and the other for kerosene
          i want to know whether these can be incorporated

Comment

kerosene

hej the powerhead your are looking for are E40GK it have special carburator the carb are shifting fuel at a exactly rpm. i think you a complet powerhead with carbs . but its an old tek . so you have to by a used one.

Comment

Working...
            X