Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problem

Hi

I am new to this forum but I need help please?

1) I have a 1996 60 FETO L 470852W Yamaha for which first I need to know which is the proper model number as I found nothing that matches from the once available on the site's list for parts order.

2) The motor does not start from cold before the red emergency fuel lever is turned manually to on, than the motor keeps starting perfectly as long as the engine is still hot.
    I checked the starter assy (6H3-14380-00) and its supply, these both work. My concern is if the needle is closing the propper passage when the coil is still cold.
    Can somebody give me some advice please?

3) What is the normal RPM at full trottle for this motor? as mine only goes up to 2700 RPM and altough it drives the boat fine in my opinion this is too low.

Thanks
    James

Have your carbs ever been cleaned? Sounds like plugged carb jets.

Comment

You do have motor problems if all you can get is 2700. Should be 5500 or better, not sure on that motor If boat and prop are set up properly.
      You must not be in the USA or at least your motor is not from here. I can not help on the model # FETO.

The prime start has a diaphragm and needle along with the fuel passages that maybe a problem. Best to pull and clean all carbs sounds like they need it and make sure you check out the prime Start stuff real good when you have it all apart.

Comment

Working...
      X