Yamaha Tach-Temp-Oil guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Tach-Temp-Oil guage

I have a 2001 225hp 2 stroke Model SX. I recently bought a new digital Tach and wiring harness. They came with virtually no instructions or installation information.
    At present the temp indicator just flashes and I am not sure if the oil indicator is working correctly due to the fact I do not have any literature with this guage, bought from the Dealer.
    I have done several things to get this to work such as changing the position of the dip switches. Unhooking the grey wire at the engine. Nothing seems to affect it other that disconnecting entirely.
    Sure would like to find someone to help with this problem

Here is installation guide
    6YRW0035E1_F1 Installation Guide.doc
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

guide

I would like to open this, but can't get anything but giberish. I need to know the setting on the back of the tach for my 60 2 stroke. It has a round dial with 4, 6, 8, 12. Can't determine where the pointer is either.
      Thanks

Comment

It would be the 6 pole setting.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

setting

Thanks, and sorry to keep bugging you. Behind the yellow dial(when removed)(see pic) there are 2 dip switches, 1 and 2. They are both in the down position. However, the tach appears to be reading about half of what it should. As an example, idle is 3-4 and full is 24 to 25. What position should they be in for my 60 2 stroke?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by E-Z; 08-05-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the installation guide. Might be a good idea for the Dealer to provide this when selling the guage kit and harness. They get enough money for the kit, you would think they could put the guide in the box. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

setting

Originally posted by E-Z View Post
              Thanks, and sorry to keep bugging you. Behind the yellow dial(when removed)(see pic) there are 2 dip switches, 1 and 2. They are both in the down position. However, the tach appears to be reading about half of what it should. As an example, idle is 3-4 and full is 24 to 25. What position should they be in for my 60 2 stroke?
              Bump for settings

Comment

switch 1 up and switch 2 up = 6 pole alternator
                switch 1 up and switch 2 down = 12 pole alternator
                40-70hp set for 6 pole
                C75-250hp set for 12 pole
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the installation guide. All wires and dip switches are correct according to the manual. The temp guage still flashes. There are bars below the two oil indicators. The trim indicator is not showing anything, I think the switch is bad. Will change the trim switch. Does the trim switch have any effect on the guage.
                  Disconnected the grey wire at the engine.

Comment

The installation guide above is for an E1-00. I have an E2-00. Did the Dealer give me the wrong guage.

Comment

Working...
                    X