250 hpdi factory recall??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 hpdi factory recall??

Just recently bought an '04 hpdi 250 in '05 and dropped it off for the 20 hour post break in service. The dealer said that there is a factory recall for the oil injection system and they don't know when the part will arrive.. Prior to bringing the engine to be serviced it was fouling plugs reguarly, which is painful in the pocket for spark plugs. I had heard that there was a recall through word of mouth, but when I asked the dealer they said they haven't ever performed this oil upgrade/conversion on any motors yet. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this recall/upgrade and knows what to look for? Also if there is somewhere that the factory recalls can be located on the internet. Thanks in advance for any help...

Chris..

The updates and the use "Ring Free" in gas should take care of the problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a pair of 2004 HPDI 250's and yes there is a recall to replace the oil injector pumps as well as the computer module and a different plug (NGK BKR6EKU). I was fouling plugs and buring oil like crazy! Make sure you get your free case of oil from the dealer that services your motor (Yamaha is providing the oil for your trouble). I am burning 30% less oil and only changing the plugs once a year. I found the plugs at rockauto.com for only 4.58 each (usually 7 bucks). Good luck!

Comment

Found the reason of the plug fouling. Blown powerhead at 23 hrs. The dealer hasn't even done the break in service, much less the recall from the factory that should have been done before we recieved the engine and the engine blew the #6 cylinder. For anyone else having plug problems check the compression of the cylinders for your own good..

Comment

Working...
        X