fuel management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel management

I have twin 150 HPDI's with fuel management guages. Evidently only (1) is registering. How can I tell which one is working? Also, I am having a fuel "starving" situation where the primer bulb gets sucked flat on one engine. Is the fuel management sending valve capable of failing and causing this?

I'm no mechanic, but I've heard many stories that collapsed fuel bulbs causing problems like yours are usually a result of the buld itself being bad. Try to get a Yamaha factory bulb and replace it, I think they're around $5.00. Might be a cheap and fast fix. Good luck.

Comment

Regulator,
      I don't know how your fuel management system is set up - is there only one feed line coming out of the fuel tank to the management valve?
      If there are two feed lines, one for each outboard, then I would check the anti-siphon valve that is hooked to the fuel line right at the tank (if yours has one/two). These anti-siphon valves are bad about plugging up, and the end result is a collapsed bulb and fuel starvation.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

No the Yamaha FMS sender will not block fuel flow. Your problem is more likely the anti-syphon valve at the fuel tank outlet. Remove it and put the fuel line directly on the outlet without the anti-syphon valve and see if that solves your problem.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X