Pro V 150G OIL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro V 150G OIL???

I have a Pro V 150 And am not sure but i dont think it is getting enough oil.. I have ran it a few times in the last two weeks and have filled it up with gas twice and still dont need to add oil.... is this normal? how much should it use and what kind should i be puting in it? I just bought the boat in Sept and am just now putting it in the water.

Also what would be the best way to see if the oil pump is working properly?

Comment

At the most your motor only burns 1 gallon of oil for every 50 gallons of gas you burn. How much gas have you burned? The remote tank holds about 3 gallons. If you pop the hood off is the primary oil tank under there filled to the top line? What kind of boat motors are you used to operating? They just don't burn that much oil in an auto-oiling system such as Yamaha's. The new HPDI's burn even less. If it wasn't burning enough oil I think you'd be researching where to find a new powerhead by now. If you don't have one already you can go to www.YamahaPubs.com and order yourself a new owner's manual and service manual for your motor. They will have all the maintenance and trouble shooting specs in them. Who's doing the maintenance? Remember to check the thermostats, the pressure relief valve, and the waterpump annually. Good luck.

Mike

Comment

If you have any dought about the oil system then add oil to gas at 50:1 ratio until you are sure oil system is working

Comment

Working...
        X