Yamaha multigauge speedometer # 6Y5-83570-S5-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha multigauge speedometer # 6Y5-83570-S5-00

The gauge is operating partially, its showing fuel gauge, clock,voltmeter and warning indicator but is not showing speed or trip meter. Can this be repaired or do I need a new one. I cleared out the hole in the lower unit of outboard but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Probably still blockage in pickup hole or pinched speedo hose between engine and gauge. Try applying about 20 psi air to hose at speedo to see if air comes out hole in gearcase.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Multifunction speedometer

speedo line is clear from gauge to where line connects to black line in engine. From black line in engine to pin hole in lower unit no air is felt. Any further suggestions

Comment

If unable to clean passage in gearcase then may have to install a transom mounted Pitot Pickup on boat and connect speedo hose to it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I just noticed my speedo is not working. I haven't cleaned the pick up hole yet, since I just learned about. I will clean it tonight.

The water pump was replaced last month. Is it possible the hose from the pick up hole was disconnected and never reconnected during the water pump replacement?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X