Oil Injection problem 25 hp mlht??? 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection problem 25 hp mlht??? 1995

My main reason for this post is to ask a question in reference to eliminating the oil injection system all togeather?
    THe center crankshaft seperator bearing on my motor seized up last year because of an oil problem so then a yamaha mechanic told me to just eliminate the oil injection system all togeather and mix the oil and gas in the tank.(he said that method is bulletproof)!
    and said by doing this eliminates any future problems with the oil injection system down the road. Does any one see this as a problem ??? i have received mixed answers from different mechanics to this questions and are curious on what other people think here? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you can, it will smoke more, spark plugs will foul more often and need to decarbon engine every 50 hours or run Ring Free in gas.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

eliminatin oil injection

thanks so much for the reply
      i could live with slightly more smoke and carry extra plugs.what is involved to decarbon the engine?

Comment

Use a can of Yamaha Carbon Cumbustion Chamber cleaner and spray into intake while running engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X