Tach wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach wire

I have a bad wire on the 6 pin connector in the back of the tach., taking the back off all the wires pulled out of the white connector. Can any one tell me where each wire goes back into the white connector by color arrangement.

Don't know what motor or what tach you have but probably match wire colors to tach wires.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Guage replacement.

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Don't know what motor or what tach you have but probably match wire colors to tach wires.
      I poorly stated my stress. My Yamaha system is 1999 115-2 stroke engine. The tach had a bad wire in the harness of the guage, and tried to remove the white connector, all went bad from there. The old tach, which I think is a 6Y5 8350T 82 00 series, I think wires Y, & G PIN plugs into same on harness. BL, & Blk PLUGS into like on harness. 1st white conn. which is a female SPADE connector, Gr/Wh & Gr/Red plugs into like connector with like wires in harness. 2nd. white connector Pk., Or., Blk/wh., Grey Male, SPADE Male connector plugs into harness female white connector, to like color wires. Has dip switches & 10 wires total.
      The replacement guage, which suppose to have come from a 1992 115 Yamaha, and both guages a Yamaha. Wire colors Blue & Blk PLUG, Y, BLK, & GR, PIN TYPE. 1st. white connector has FEMALE PIN connectors color GR/W, & GR/W. 2nd White connector Color Pk., Or., Blk./W., & Grey.
      As you see the color combination are the same.
      The main difference is the White Connectors, connector 1 has spade or flat blades, and connector 2 has round pin and sockets in the connector. Can I soilder the original connectors on the replacemant guage, and should it work.
      Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Never tried it but will probably work.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tach rewire

Changing out the two white connectors, matching wire colors, worked, unit started up correctly.
          One more question, the tach., replaced had dip switches, the replacement tach had a dial which went up to 12. I think you refer to it as the pole setter. It is set on 12, all I did is crank up to see if the tach. would read rpms, and it did, the idle showed 600, on the crank it jumped to 14, I assume it working properly? If you get a chance please confirm, and Thanks For The Help.

Comment

Yes should be set at 12 pole for a 115hp engine.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X