new here and have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here and have a question

Hello, my name is Guy and new to this forum. I have been reading here for some time and find that there is a very wide variety of information, obviously in the Yamaha department. I ended up making a purchase a few months ago that included yamaha motors. I have a question pertaining to the isolator lead; aux charging lead available on the F150's. I have twin F150TXR's and did find the plugged lead located under the fuse box and purchased the leads, P/N MAR-69-JIS-OL-ED. I plan to connect these leads to my house bank (2 batteries in parallel) and was told that I can connect both leads from both motors to this bank so that either one running will charge. Now my question is that I understand that the lead is regulated, can I connect these leads to the same (+) post on the house bank, is this correct and that no damage will result? I was told by other people via forums or personally that this is correct. I am having a hard time understanding this. A shop near me stated that this is possible also. I just need it explained to me better. Any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance...Guy

Yes you can connect it that way,
    IsolatorConnection.bmp
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X