F-60tlrb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-60tlrb

I just bought a 2003 sea-pro 18 ft skiff with a 60 4-stroke, the boat weighs 1500lbs. Is this enough motor for the boat, only 30 mph @ 6000 rpm. Also what year is my motor 69W L 1001496 Q It has an 11 3/4x11 pitch prop. Thanks

jax,
    Just depends on what kind of performance you want. You have enough power to get up on plane - is 30 mph top end good enough for you?
    Most boat owners like to power at close to the max hp listed on the required Coast Guard label on the boat - yours is probably around 130 hp if your hull weighs 1500.
    If you do not have to travel very far to get to your fishing spots, then the 60 is ok. On the other hand, you do not want to be running your outboard wide open all the time to get around either. If I had the boat, a 90 or 115 would be the better choice - get up on plane faster and don't have to run w/o all the time.
    Your 60 hp is a 2003 model.
    Also, check your owners manual for max rpm range (4500-5500?). You want a prop that will put you within that range at max throttle and on plane and trimmed out.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X