F250 water in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 water in oil

motor would only hit 5400 rpm and would surge back to 5100 rpm no alarms. when i got it back on trailer noticed oil running from under side of motor to the foot took off cowling and found oil allover pulled dip stick and notice it had alot of saltwater in there. it was still running strong just loosing 300 rpms.

That sounds real bad, saltwater in the crankcase is never a good thing.
    You defiantly need to get it out of there as soon as possible before it ruins the crank and bearings if it has not already.

Comment

yes sounds bad to me i'll be takn it to dealer tomorrow since its under warranty 2 years old last april and only 225 hours on it. was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before with these F250 2007

Comment

Possible head gasket gone bad or perhaps the oil pump seals. Not good but your warranty should save you.
        Last edited by Pawleys Island Guy; 07-25-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

as far as warranty do you think they'll just replace seals or gaskets and give me back my motor that had salt water flowing thru it or will they replace motor? the oil fill cap and tube looks like rotten milk in it and some clear water stuck in it.

Comment

Working...
          X