Ignorant Tank Fitting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignorant Tank Fitting Question

6MSHR '93 6hp Factory tank. Looks clean. New to outboards. Tank builds pressure....considerably while sitting. No 'thumb screw vent'. Cap doesn't seem to be vented. So... surely the tank must have a small vent for 'run' mode? The male 2-pin tank fitting has a small spring loaded pin/valve in the RH hollow fuel dowel. This released some pressure when pushed in with thumbnail. Just to the LH of it, and Just above the pointed 'line-up/locking doweldowel', there is another small spring loaded pin the diameter of thin pencil lead and protruding 3/16". When this is pressed...no result. One-way for intake air while running? ALSO, when I remove either end of the 'bulb hose fittings', the the grommets with the o-rings stay on the tank and motor. Ball bearing and spring fall out in hand. What holds the grommet/bushing, o-ring, ball, and spring in the hose connector? Missing a snap ring or circle clip? Bulb is 1993 and stiff anyway,..but solid with no rot. What is the fuel line inside diameter..1/4 or 5/16" ?? Sorry to be so ignorant. The old owner said it ran 200'-300' and died....I wonder if this was his problem. That may be the distance of a 'prime up'. oth

Sounds like you need new gas tank and fuel hose assy.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Both items are labeled 'OBSOLITE" in the 'Yamaha Parts Diagram". I guess my question should have been, "How does the factory tank vent?". and "What is the I.D. of the factory hose?" Maybe 2 hose end fittings will DO ME.

Comment

Nearest Yam dealer id 1.5 hrs. drive. 1/4" ??? Will standard OEM 1/4 fitting work? or 5/16" I cant tell.

Comment

Working...
        X