F115 rusted pressure regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 rusted pressure regulator

In trying to determine what is causing my 2003 F115 to not start promptly after a long run, I noticed that my fuel pressure regulator is rusted badly on the exterior. I use my rig in the salt, so it doesn't surprise me that something is rusted, but this seems odd to me. I am wondering if possibly I have a leak in the water cooling system that may be spraying on the regulator causing the rust. I have run the motor in the driveway and have not found a leak, but I haven't checked it under a load out in the water.
    Does this seem like a condition I should investigate further?
    Thanks.

There isn't any water lines or passages near fuel regulator so probably not a water leak.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok Thanks

I will just clean it up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        There isn't any water lines or passages near fuel regulator so probably not a water leak.

I'm having the same problem, although I think it's coming
        from underneath the bottom cowling when I'm up on plane.
        Isn't No.26, the hose, carrying water for cooling purposes?!

Comment

yep you are right that is a cooling pipe for the fuel return from fuel rail.......................... check the speedo tube if it is not connected or blocked off that little hole on front of the leg that maybe spraying water up under the cowl other option is take it for a run with cowl off and see what is going on.

Also for some reason they do rust as there does not seem to be any protection on them so a bit of a spray with some fish oil or some thing would not hurt it.
          Last edited by mitch; 11-01-2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X