loctite 572

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loctite 572

KEN I remembered seeing something about you not able to find loctite 572 which is recomended in the yamaha repair manual.I contacted yamaha ,and I was informed the translation from japanese to english did not take into account loctite 572 is only available in Japan.As per Nathan at yamaha the correct product is LOCTITE 567.Good luck I can't find this one either. NATES

Nates,
    Yes, Loctite 567 is preferred over 572 for applications where stainless steel and aluminum come in contact. The 567 has Telfon in it and that acts as a lubricant to help prevent "galling" of the bolt threads.
    I did find Loctite 567 at a local Graingers - but only in large quantities for about $25 per can. Also, they would only sell wholesale to a business.
    So I did a little more research and came up with what I believe is a good substitute for 567. It is Permatex 14A Thread Sealer with Teflon. Got it at a local hardware store in small tube for about four bucks. I have used it all over my C115 Yammie, and so far have been pleased. And besides, it smells great too!
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X