30 DETO Tilt/Trim Motor 2000 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 DETO Tilt/Trim Motor 2000 model

My Tilt/Trim motor has finally died. First it started to become slow then stoped and started clicking. The outer casing of the motor is rusted (I wash it with fresh water after every use).

The mechanic tested the power and there is no power going to the motor.
    I suppose I have to replace the motor.

Question is: I can't find a replacement motor on the web, all I can find is 40hp >. Does the 40hp tilt/trim motor fit the 30hp?

If not, where can I purchase the one I need? I'm from Australia but happy to get one globally.

Thanks

If there is no power going to the motor how can it even try to work. The motor needs 12V dc to run

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      If there is no power going to the motor how can it even try to work. The motor needs 12V dc to run
      O.K. let me run that one by you again.

I dont mean the outboard motor, just the power source from the outboard moter to the tilt trim motor where the wires connect, I'm not a mechanic (obviously) but when he tried to test the power source (to the T/T motor) it was dead, so he traced the curcit and said I probably need a new T/T motor.

Please have a look at my questions.

Comment

like I said the trim motor has to have 12v dc to run , if there is no 12V to it, it will not run. You need to find out why there is not voltage to the T&T motor.
        Bad connection,wire,relay or ground maybe.
        But as you said if the motor is all rusted up it would be a good idea to replace it.

There is not even a 30 listed over here for 2000, but in 2001 they started listing a 30. is your motor a 4 stroke? Look at this and see if it is what you are looking for.
        67C-43880-00-00 YAMAHA .MOTOR ASSY $427.92
        Last edited by 99yam40; 07-16-2010, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X