EXPERT trim advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPERT trim advice needed

I removed the trim pump with housing from the trim unit housing today on my 04 VMAX 150. 1 of my o rings was leaking so i replaced the 5 in that area. Other than a broken bolt everything went smooth. I have worked allday on trying to bleed the system and it still has air in it. The small trim rods seem tobe working fine but the rear 1 will not lift the motor all the way up. To bleed the system i have been manualy raising and lowering the motor, after being raised i remove the fill cap, let settle, fill, cap and lower. Then start all over again. I still hear air in the system squishing around on the last 2 inches or so when I let it down. I have put 2 tubes of fluid in it so far. Is that enough?. Can this unit be sucking air? Laast but not least, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG?????????

Are you sure you got all valves back togather correctly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Trim prob solved

My buddy came by when he got off work and squared me away. At this point in life there are no leaks and its working fine. I had a big time brain fart while filling the trim fluid. The two small trim rams were not extended while filling the unit thus leaving a void when they were extended.

Comment

Working...
      X