Garmin-Yamaha Engine Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin-Yamaha Engine Interface

I recently installed the Garmin 740S, I would like to be able to view engine data on the display. I do not have command link as I have not seen the hub assembly any where in the boat. However I believe the 07 Yamaha is NMEA 2000 compliant from the research I have done on line, and I believe the connection for the command link system is in the engine cowling. Is there a way to make a connection between the two without command link installed. I do not currently have a NMEA 2000 network installed but will do so when I find the necessary hardware to connect the two.
    2007 22' Hewes Craft Ocean Pro ET HT
    115 HP Yamaha

Gauges

The command link hooks into the bridge off of the engine console/gauges. there should be an open one just for n/2000 input

Comment

If you have a F115 2006 or newer it is Command Link compatable but if you have the 2 stroke 115 it is not Command Link.
      O2009-014.pdf
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What I know so far, if the command link wiring is under the hood you are good to go. Picked up the engine interface cable from Cabelas, installed a NMEA 2000 network and added the Garmin GFS 10. All information reported by the Yamaha is displayed on the Garmin 740S.

Volts, Temperature and PSI

Fuel level, RPM, Trim and Gallons Per Hour
        Last edited by SkinnyRaven; 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM.
        2007 22' Hewes Craft Ocean Pro ET HT
        115 HP Yamaha

Comment

Working...
        X