40hp 4 stroke carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40hp 4 stroke carb problem

My 06 40hp 4 stroke has ran like crap since it came out of the showroom. I guess this was a problem child motor with the carbs. The dealer has rebuilt the carbs at the begining of the last two seasons. This season I started with new 20 micron filter, fresh clean gas with ringfree and stabil but the motor runs like crap again. Sputters and spits at low rpm then revs up. I know it's a carb issued but the Dealer wants approx $300 to go through the carbs again. My question is if I carefully pull each carb apart and thoroughly clean them, will I have to have the carbs re sinced? or can I just try to partially clean them. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I am thinking about throwing this $5000 anchor overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new to the forum and glad to have logged on. There are a few such complaints noticed. My 40 is 2005 and needs almost constant attention to keep it running. Carbs have been cleaned at least five times including in the shop again right now. I'm thinking Honda fuel injected 50 HP as a replacement and donating this poc to Father Joe.

Comment

Working...
    X