115 2 stroke replacement tach wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 2 stroke replacement tach wiring

I'm trying to help son in law (via phone) replace a Faria analog tach with a Yamaha analog tach with oil and temp warning lights on a '02 115 2-stroke. The black and blue and black green and yellow I understand. The tach wiring has a yellow/red paired with a brown/black and a yellow/red paired with a red/black. The yellow/red wires are combined into one yellow/red that terminates in a single bullet connector. The brown/black and red/black go to a single plug connector that also has a single pink/red wire coming out of the plug. This wire terminates with a bullet connector. From what he has described he has a Yamaha wiring harness but has not found the colored wires for oil and temp. Is some form of an adapter required?

You will need 68F-82553-70-00 trim/oil harness thats connects to tach off white colored square connector and run back to engine and connect to off white colored square connector on engine to operate warning lights in tach.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help. I kind of suspected that additional wiring was necessary to make the lights work.

Comment

Working...
      X