Yamaha Tach Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Tach Issues

I have twin 2001 Yamaha 200 HPDI engines. When I started the boat today the oil level indicators on both tach's indicated I had a remote tank problem. The indicator bar stops at the 2nd bar out of the 3 bars and it constantly blinks. It is doing this on both helm tach gauges. No other alarms sound. The small oil tanks on both engines are full as are both remote oil tanks.

I took the boat for a ride without any issues. I checked the engine oil tanks on both engines as well as the remote oil tanks and the systems are functioning normally. I've checked and rechecked the oil/trim harness connections as well as all grounds. Everything on the tach's works fine with the exception of the oil level indicators. Do these systems "come together" at some point? Is there a fuse I should be checking for proper gauge operation. Could both gauges be faulty? Does anyone have a rigging guide that I can use to troubleshoot this problem? Please help.

If oil transfer pump does keep engine oil tank filled when running then probably have a bad trim/oil harness going to gauges.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tach Issue

Is there a way to test this harness to determine if it is good or bad? This is happening to both tach's at the same time. Is it possible one harness is ng and affects both tach's? Is there a way to test the tach itself to determine if it is faulty?

Comment

Check continuity of each wire in harness. No one bad harness wont affect both gauges.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X