Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahama 55AE - Anyone Have any Info Please !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahama 55AE - Anyone Have any Info Please !!!

Hi everybody,

I recently brought a boat which came with a 55hp yamaha outboard 2 stroke (i think).

The plate on my yamaha engine says as follows

> Yamaha 55AE
    > 663 L 30043

I believe the engine is a 55hp hence the 55AE on the plate. And when i took it to my local marine shop he said it was an 84/85 (84 or 85) model, but he wasn't positive about that.

The thing is that its not running right and i dont know what to do. My local marine garage has let me down and i have heard to many bad things about them so i dont wont to go back there. I order a yamaha CD of ebay but it has nothing on my engine.

The engine doesn't seem to be running right, the throtle jumps at start rather than gradually increasing and it just vibrates on full throtle and sometimes stalls on idle. I jst need to have some info on what year model it is and where i can get a book fot it. And then maybe i can tune it to run right

Many thanks in advnace for any info
    John
    My email is budbecks@aol.com

That model number doesn't come up in the parts book. It may be a European motor. The 55 Hp was first sold in USA in early 90's and the model was like C55ELRP.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hi,
      thanks for your reply. I live in the uk so it is a europian number.

I just haven't got a clue where to ask. I've tried everywhere. Have yamaha got a outboard website for the uk or europe that may be able to help ?

John

Comment

John,
        Try www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/index.jsp
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X