Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

02 225txra 4 stroke, still having issues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 225txra 4 stroke, still having issues.....

Hi Guys,
    I had the major power loss again. No Top end. She comes up on plain, then falls back to barely plaining. Like previously, I cleaned screen on pump in vap sep tank, changed main fuel filter, water sep filter, horeshoe filter. No good, still having problems.Last season changed the 800$ low pressure fuel pump. I just purchased the high pressure pump($290), in VST and tried to run again . Same issues. I am leaning towards playing with the injectors now, or is there another filter I am missing? Someone told me there are screens on the injectors, maybe they are crusted? Is there a good additive I can try to run to clean injectors? I have clean fuel, new tank , new lines, new freakin' everything in between. I run the ring free, and the stabil marine additives. I am getting more than a little frustrated, any of your expertise would be greatly appreciated.......

I had a similar problem but I noticed the primer bulb was staying contracted down. My mechanic took out the spring ball valve that was sticking because the ethanal fuel had corroded it stuck. I have a sailfish 236 so you may not have this same issue but it is worth a look.

Comment

Where is the stuck valve you fixed??

Where is the 'spring ball valve' that fixed your problem? In the primer bulb?? or elcewhere??

I have same power problem ...just replace the HP fule pump and regulator (pain in the ass job). During my test drive today, it idles fine but lost power and wont go over 3700rpm wot. it seems to shake now.

Comment

You need to check your fuel pressure while the problem is happening, that will help in finding out what is wrong. There are screens in the injectors and usually if they are clogged you will get a black spark plug. Make sure your primer bulb is not collapsing and also check to see if while the problem is happening, pumping the bulb improves the situation. good luck

Comment

I do definately remembering the primer bulb was collapsed. It seemed odd at the time. I have a brand new red plastic 6 gal fuel tank with a nre NAPA inline fuel filter and barand new non-ethenol gas in tank aavoid any confusion. The collapsed bulb indicates a blockage at the tank?? Thats why I was wondering if the spring loaded check valve you mentioned was at the tank...again it is a brand new tank.

Comment

There is a anti-syphon valve usually on your fuel tank pickup. that sticks and bulb collapses

Comment

Working...
            X