Can't keep her running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't keep her running

I have a 2004 Yamaha 115TXRC, purchased new in 2006. Last summer it started backfiring, wouldn't crank and once it did, would knock off. I took it to R&K Marine where I was told the carbs needed to be rebuilt. They did so. Once back, it ran like a top, however, it was all I could do to get it started. I returned it to R&K, they said they made a couple of adjustments, but I couldn't tell any difference. Now it's not only almost impossible to start, it stalls out after it finally does. Once I get it in gear, I can pretty much keep it running, but when I slow her down to idle, she stalls. Any advice, please?

May still need adjustment and the electric choke checked to see if working properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

So you're saying that after I had the carbs rebuilt, then took it back for adjustments, that it still wasn't adjusted properly, and that's the reason I've been playing heck trying to get it started, and that's theh reason it's getting worse?

Comment

yep sounds like elec choke

Comment

Alrighty then! Looks like I'm going to just have to take it somewherre else. Thanks for your responses, I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Comment

Working...
          X