1997 200 2 stroke stumbles @ 3900 rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 200 2 stroke stumbles @ 3900 rpms

engine idles good and runs up to 3900 rpms fine and then stumbles and wont go past 3900. been through the carbs high speed is clean, checked all grounds, pulled plug wires off when engine stumbles and they all go out and back on, so she appears to be firing. temp is good on both heads (123,126degrees). ran her on a 6 gal. seperate gas can no changes. been told that the stator has both the high and low speed coils built in. seems like the high is going out. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Question - Does it act like it is fuel starved or hit a rev limit / spark retard? I have a similar issue and cannot figure it out.

Comment

its getting good fuel, u can pull the choke when going and it boogs down bad, so if it wasnt getting good gas it would help it not hurt it. not hitting a rev limiter, just breaking down at high rpms. stator cost 410$ just dont want to by it for nothing. to much pride and sense to take it some where plus the $75 an hour scares me on trouble shooting electrical system.

Comment

I hear you! I have a very similar sounding problem with my '99 VMAX 200. I have done all the things you have done and cannot get over the 4200 mark. I am working with a guy on it, if we come up with anything in the next couple of days, I'll post it for you.

Good luck!

G

Comment

Working...
        X