40 hp yamaha four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 hp yamaha four stroke

Purchased a 40 in 2006. Motor ran with new tank and gas from dealer for 3 hours before having carb problems. Have had it rebuilt by dealer twice since then. The motor has less than 25 hours on it to date and will never run correctly. I understand that the 40 horse has major issues with the carbs and the new gas. Has anyone had any luck with yamaha replacing the carbs or even exchanging the motor, since this appears to be thier problem. If not, have you found a combination of additives that will actually allow the motoro to be used.

fuel going bad is not a Yamaha problem.
    A 10 micron fuel/water separator mounted between tank and motor, always use fresh fuel, stabilize the fuel while it is fresh,and run the motor often so the fuel does not have time to dry out in carbs,pump and lines. This dried up leftovers is what plugs the passages

Comment

I have the same problem with my 40 Hp.... Each year I need to clean my carb. I need all the tips I can get...

Im thinking of buying new carb for a 50Hp since its the same motor

Comment

Beesknees

I have a 2005 40HP outboard and have had endless trouble with it. It receives carb removal and service at least once each year. I am now completely disgusted with it as it is again in the shop having been serviced by the local Yamaha expert then stored for four months. I removed it from storage and guess what?

Comment

Working...
        X