225 yamaha thermosensor- 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 yamaha thermosensor- 1994

Help please. I 've been having problems with my motor on cold starts.It has the prime start system . Its very hard to get it started the first time sometimes it won't start unless I remove cover and flip the prime start override switch.It will always start when I do this. I just checked the crank position sensor it checked out good. I checked the resistance on the thermosensor at the different temps as per manual and it was all over the place except where it suppose to be. Does this control the prime start system ? Could this be my problem or would you think it would be in the prime start system?

With the hood OFF and air cover off activate the Prime Start system and watch to make sure you're getting a fuel spray in the carbs when you have the key pushed in. It may be a problem with the solenoid or a wire disconnected or something. Does the shop manual have a test procedure for Prime Start?

Mike

Comment

My motor does not have choke plates it shoots gas into the throat with the prime start system thus priming the motor not choking it. I rechecked my thermosensor today with better meter and it was perfect. So I'm back to square one. I'm now going to try to check the actual prime start parts .Any suggestion ??? thanks..

Comment

I had a similar issue with my 93 225. It was the in the Fuel Feed assembly (a small inline check valve)..

Comment

Working...
        X