2005 VZ225TLRD Overheating recorded on engine internal computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 VZ225TLRD Overheating recorded on engine internal computer

My engine overheated as a result of blockage of the water intake ports caused by a plastic bag. When the warning horn came on I turned off the engine. Being an impatient person, I turned the ignition switch to the on position about every two minutes and kept doing so until there was no warning horn (at least 5 to 7 times). When taking the engine to the dealer for service and after recording the information on the internal computer, I was told that I overheated the engine 9 times. I know this is not correct.
    QUESTION: 1. Does the internal computer record an “overheat” each time the ignition switch is turned to the on position and the engine temp. exceeds the limits?
    2. The warning horn comes on when the ignition switch is in the on position And the “kill switch” is disengaged. How is this recorded on the internal computer?
    3. After clearing the obstruction to the intake ports when the engine overheats, should I (A) do nothing waiting for the engine to cool down or (B) run the engine at idle to pump water through the system to cool the engine?

The ECU will record a overheat anything temp exceeds limit. A disconnected landyard does not set a code in ECU.
    If it has plenty of water being pumped through it then can let engine idle to cool down quicker but if not sure then shut it off and wait until cools down.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X