2003 150 HPDI Need Help STAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 150 HPDI Need Help STAT

Hey guys. Had an issue a week ago with stalling. Boat would run fine for about ten minutes then wouldnt run past idle without stalling. Run like a champ at idle. Changed the fuel filter and put boat in today. Ran fine for about two minutes then stall and constant alarm. Did not get the alarm my previous trip when it was stalling. Boat is peeing fine so I assume it is not a water pump problem. Maybe VST filter? Can that cause the stall and alarm? Im on vacation and the ocean looks like a lake. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If this is a twin engine boat then the key switch has a stall alarm in it and will sound alarm if one engine stalls.
    If its a single engine boat then wont have a stall alarm. May be low oil warning, check oil level on engine oil tank to see if it's below bottom line on oil tank. The stall could any number of things including compression, TPS, plugs, fuel pumps and taking it to a dealer would probably be the quickest way to get you back on water.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Its a single. Full of oil. I appreciate the response. Dealer not open being its the 4th and all.

Comment

Working...
      X