yamaha 1996 C40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 1996 C40

my alarm keeps going off. i have put in a water pump kit and changed out the thermastate, but the motor is still getting hot. any ideas?

dex

Well i have no idea on this why its happening.I woud suggest you to get it checked once.
    [URL="http://ww.wheelsmustang.com"]Mustang Wheels[/URL]

Comment

Could be you installed impeller wrong or there are blockage in the cooling passages.

May have to pull head and exhaust cover to clean

How did it look behind the thermostat?

Is it overheating or could the temp switch be going bad?

Comment

it is definently overheating. i layed the impeller blades clockwise in the housing like the motor turns. i replaced the pump kit about 3 years ago with very little use sence then. behind the thermostate looked real good to me. there was very little build up on the walls. the water pump that i took out looked almost like a new one. taking the head off maybe a little much for me, but not sure about the exhaust housing?
        do you have any other ideas
        thanks
        dex

Comment

hot motor C40

is there any other way to tell if the motor is too hot besides an inferred sencer

Comment

pull the temp switch and test in a pot of water as you heat it to see what temp it goes off, just like you test the thermostat.

Comment

pull the temp switch and test in a pot of water as you heat it to see what temp it goes off, just like you test the thermostat.

If the shaft turns clockwise, looking from the top. Then the vanes will point counter clockwise, following the rotation of the shaft

Comment

Working...
              X