90 hp , 1992 yamaha 2 stroke new problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 hp , 1992 yamaha 2 stroke new problem

to make a long story short, i bought this boat with this engine 6 weeks ago, it had a problem with stalling in idle and low/speeds. at 4400 rpm the engine ran fantastic. i changed the water seperator and stated using star tron additive and a tiny amount of ring free, i was told 99% chance it was fuel/ethanol prblems. after doing this, the boat stopped stalling and actually ran sooooooooo much better and smoother.

well, last week, after i arrived home from a nice trip, the engine sounded like it was racing in idle, and idleing rough, very rough.

i returned today, to check it out, started her up and same thing, very very rough idle, sounded like it was racing, i put her in gear to do a tiny test, and she had like no power, and didn't want to go and sounded horrible, i barely made it back into my slip i only went 100 feet and she stalled out, i pulled myself back in my boat slip.

what in the world has happened, went from a seemingly small problem, to fixed and running beter then ever, to literally 1 hour later not even running basically, i am very curious to hear your thoughts boat.net

check your fuel pump that diahpram does not have a hole in it sounds like a vucuum leak somewhere

Comment

ok, thank you for advice, forgive me for being a beginer, where is the fuel pump/ wut does it look like ( i am a new boater and still learning)

Comment

near the starter,connected with the fuel hose to carb

Comment

Same motor as mine. It sounds like you may need to have carbs cleaned due to water/dirt/trash in carb jets. You may want to get at least an owners book and Yamaha Outboard Manual for your motor and study up a bit on it so you understand better about preventive maintenance. Install a fuel/water seperator(Walmart $27), 2 screw installation on transom, very easy to do and will save you a lot of fuel related problems with carbs. These are great motors but there are a few things to know about and do to give you good service. It's not like a car where you just add gas and go. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X